Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm going to be an attention whore for a bit

All, I'm going to be an attention whore for a second. I have to show off what my amazing friend Jennifer sent me in the mail:

She made everything (I picked out the animals), and she surprised me with the booties and hat. The animals are for the Goonie's eventual nursery. I need naming help for all the animals, so please feel free to submit a comment with a name suggestion!
The package couldn't have come at a better time. We got home tonight after Troy's doctor's appointment, and were getting ready to sit down and enjoy our dinner from the world's greatest sandwich place when I hear Troy scream and run out of the apartment.
A cat that belongs to our crazy neighbor Mary (who has like 19 cats) was attacking Chip Chip. Chip Chip is the squirrel who lives in the tree near our front door. Chip Chip has been a part of our Los Angeles life since we moved here - we even tried to get him in our Christmas card photo one year.
He loves to sit on the front stairs and wait for Troy to feed him peanuts (non-salted because diabetes and high sodium are already an issue in the US). He also loves to hang out in our garden and watch me tend to the plants. A few times I've been digging in the garden and will look over and see Chip Chip watching me and digging his own hole. He likes to plant peanuts amongst our tomato plants, and he loves to take a bite out of the juiciest tomato in the garden.
We drove Chip Chip in a cardboard box up to Malibu during rush hour to an animal sanctuary. We're hoping he's going to be ok. We're tempted to send the sanctuary a photo of Troy and I, and a ripe tomato to keep near his bedside. Please keep Chip Chip in your thoughts and prayers!

3 comments:

Anne Bailey said...

Those animals are so, so cute! Nice work, Jennifer!

And my thoughts and prayers are with Chip Chip!

AmyM said...

Those are adorable!
So far I've come up w/ Spanks... the monkey.
What can I say, I hang out w/ high schoolers all day!

Lulu said...

Jen is so incredibly talented, you picked out some adorable animals. Love them all! I personally love the name Rufus (pronounced roof-us). :)
holcoml