Monday, December 29, 2008
I see my new doctor on the 7th and I hope she confirms that "medically" I'm as healthy as I feel. Perhaps it's because I felt so icky with the puking for so long, but I'm totally enjoying this part of being pregnant! Aside from a few occasional painful leg cramps, and some minor back discomfort, I might just be the freaking picture of pregnancy health.
Jack is moving around a TON these days, and still seems to respond the most when we're watching something with action. Last night we were lying in bed and Troy was watching Planet Earth. I wasn't watching the TV but could feel Jack moving around like a fiend. I asked Troy if a cheetah was chasing something or something suspenseful was about to happen because "JB" (as my father-in-law calls him) was going to crazy. Even if we didn't have an ultrasound to confirm this kiddo was a boy, just his love of action movies would have given it away for me.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
As of now, Troy and I are still living like refugees in his parent's house. They're absolutely amazing and so fun to hang out with, but it's time for us to have our own place...you know since we actually do pay rent on a freaking apartment!
The city still hasn't reopened the hill to our new place, but the road is technically driveable. Our moving truck is somewhere in Portland and we'll hopefully get it Tuesday at the latest (fingers freaking crossed). Our new bed and couch are another matter...
We were at the apartment yesterday for our scheduled delivery from Macy's of our brand spanking new (and quite expensive...argh) bed and couch. The driver tried to pull in to our driveway ONCE, decided it was too hard and chose to drive away with my furniture in his truck. I was in tears because I'm so frustrated about the lack of movement with our stuff! I know stuff isn't everything, but at least with our bed, we could actually physically live in our new apartment. Please keep us in your thoughts that we'll get our stuff before this kid is born!
And on another note, Christmas was absolutely amazing. We spent the morning with Troy's family, and the afternoon at my sister's. It's so nice to be home with our family and able to enjoy the holidays with them.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Even in my sleep, I'm super classy.
(The inlaws driveway)
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
We're headed up I-5 and will hop over to the 580 and stay in San Francisco tonight with a friend that I work with. Tomorrow we'll get on the 101 and head up the coast to avoid any weather hazards.
Because the 101 is much slower and takes a lot longer, we probably won't roll in to home until Friday ish.
Please keep us in your prayers for a safe journey!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
- the fact that our 1940's apartment was built without insulation or double paned windows. I love the charm of our apartment, but not that it was 46 degrees INSIDE this morning when we woke up. Also, it rained yesterday and shorted out our breaker box leaving us without overhead lighting and only 2 working outlets in pretty much the whole apartment. The electrician couldn't come until this morning, so we've had my grandmother's very lovely table lamp in our bathroom so that we can pee and shower with some sort of light.
- the fact that despite living in a REALLY good neighborhood, we woke up this morning to realize that someone had stolen our freaking rope that Troy used to rope off a spot on the street for the moving truck to park. Yes, seriously, they stole a 15 ft piece of rope.
- the fact that our methhead neighbor's gardener stuck his head in our open front door this morning while I was alone in the apartment, looked right at me and said "I here for lady". Turns out he was looking for Lady McMeth next door, and she told him she was in our backyard. Ok, why don't you go buy some more Sudafed and car battery you crazy hosebeast.
- the fact that the cable guy just came and picked up my Tivo and we're not leaving until tomorrow morning. I'm near hyperventilation stage. I guess I didn't realize how much I love me some TV.
- the fact that one day when Troy and I were on the beach I offered a homeless guy a sandwich and he asked me: 1) what kind it was (internal thoughts: it's the fucking free kind buddy) 2) if it was dolphin safe after he found out it was tuna, 3) if it was made with vegan mayo, and 4) if I would give him my chips and soda.
- the fact that another homeless man was jacking off in a sleeping bag outside my car one morning when Troy and I went to our favorite breakfast place
- the fact that garbage day starts at 6 am and lasts until 10 am, and I'm fairly certain the sanitation department refuses to oil the trucks just to fuck with us. It's like the gates of hell are opening on garbage day - it's that freaking loud
- the fact that when you call a store and ask to be transferred to another department the person informs you that "I don't speak English" or "I don't know how to use the phone" and just hangs up. (Culver City Target and Costco).
- there are more reasons, but I thought you guys would enjoy these.
I won't miss Los Angeles, but I will miss the amazing friends I have made here. I'll be back in a few weeks for work, but not seeing these people everyday really hurts.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
I had a shower at work yesterday, and it was fantastic! My company truly knows that to celebrate new babies, you need 3 things: great friends, a fun atmosphere, and bacon!!! It was a breakfast shower and everything was perfect. My co-workers were beyond generous and we received a giftcard to Babies R Us. I'm going to hang on to it for now and use it for after I have another shower (if I have another shower). That way I can figure out and get what we REALLY need, since people only like to buy the cute stuff.
I had an appointment on Monday and I have gained 5 lbs since my last visit 4 weeks ago. I just weighed myself on the scale at work, and I'm 150 lbs which means I have OFFICIALLY surpassed my starting weight! Looks like it's time to start dieting or smoking...I don't want to give birth to a fatty (I'm KIDDING MOM).
I'll do my best to post a belly photo tonight, but in the blur of packing our apartment, our camera cord seems to have been packed somewhere already. I'll go ghetto belly shot style and do it with my camera phone, but the quality could potentially suck.
14 days until Christmas everyone, hope you're all well and planning on spending time with your families.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
And please don't hate on my awesome orange shirt. I bought that from Goodwill for $.25 10 years ago, and it is still one of my favorite "around the house" shirts. It has a cartoon tiger on it and says 'Tigers". It is threadbare and I will cry when it officially falls apart.
The scale at work says 146.5 so I'm only 1.5 lbs away from my starting weight. I feel that I'm on the upward swing of weight gain and will start officially looking pregnant soon! People at work no longer say I look "tired" all the time which I assume means my Skeletor-like appearance has diminished some. What you get when you Google "Skeletor":
Monday, December 1, 2008
It could be the delicious Thanksgiving feast I ate, or the fact that food has flavor once again. Troy says I still eat like a bird (small meals here and there), but at least I'm retaining the food! I weighed myself this am, and an up to 145.5 lbs, so only 2.5 lbs away from my starting weight!
It was so fantastic being home for Thanksgiving with all of our family. We were only there for a short time, but it was so hard to get back on the plane and come back to Los Angeles (even though it was butt ass cold up in Seattle).
****UPDATE 1:30 pm****
I just had a delicious burger and fries and am sitting at my desk with my pants unbuttoned hiding underneath my shirt; first time EVER I've had to resort to that. I'm also currently fighting a wicked case of "food coma" (it's real...). I might need to get up and do some laps soon.