Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy 10th week Goonie!

:::sorry in advance for the formatting on this post. I can't seem to fix it:::

I can't believe it's been 7 weeks and 1 day since we found out that we had been blessed with the Goonie. Time has totally flown!

Today the Goonie turns 10 weeks old. He/she is doing super exciting things like finally losing its tail, producing 250,000 neurons in its brain every minute, and being the size of a small plum. It's a tough job getting smart and being the size of a fruit! The Goonster also is starting to resemble a baby more than an extra from Aliens vs. Predator.

Week 10 stats:
Pounds gained to date:
still down -1 lbs (this is Los Angeles everyone. No baby can make ME fat!)
Weeks until my next appointment: 2 weeks, 2 days
How I am feeling (on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being "dear god, I feel like walking death"): 1-ish. I've had a few days of 3+ puking episodes, but I take it all in stride. In a sick way I almost welcome it because it's a sign that all is right with the Goonster. I was feeling so good for so long that I was always a wee bit freaked out. My awesome friend Anne said that I was probably feeling so sick this week because the baby must be going through calf development. If you've seen Troy's freak-calves, it's totally true.
At the photo up above you can start to see a mini bump. It's small, but it's there! I had a dream last night where I woke up today and got HUGE overnight. I was super scared because my boss and other people at work don't know yet so I kept thinking "how on earth will I cover this up"?
Gooniemeister is also creating a disorder on my face that I think is medically referred to as "pizza face". I went to a dermatologist today and she gave me some pregnancy safe stuff that should hopefully clear up my hideousness fairly soon. A bonus of going to this dermatologist is that the main guy (Dr. Ray) from Dr. 90201 on the E channel has his office on the same floor as my doctor. I saw him this am and I have to say - the camera adds about 4 feet, and they must have the "look butch" filter set to "high". This dude was short and super girly looking. He was so small that I almost put him in my purse and ran away. Cause in a few months, the Goonie will need a playmate it's own size!

No comments: