Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It has a heartbeat!

Troy and I went and had our first ultrasound yesterday! The woman who does it should play poker as her face gives NOTHING away. After about 8 minutes (seemed like 90) of her messing around down there with the transvag wand, she showed us our baby and we got the hear the heartbeat. It was so amazing to hear and the heartbeat seemed steady...fingers crossed it doesn't have asthma like it's dad and grandma!

The money shot:
After feeling like I was fisted by Mini Me, the tech printed off a copy for us to take home. We went to celebrate by going to The Cheesecake Factory. Dinner was good except for the group of 14 year old Barbies sitting next to us wearing clothes that cost more than my car. At point one of them said "OMG, I've been sober for 6 months now". Thank god we're getting out of Beverly Hills before this baby is born.


My OBGYN put me at 7w1d, but the ultrasound tech put me at 6w2d. Apparently this happens a lot and isn't something we should worry about. Besides, I was a small baby (but L-O-N-G), so I guess it is to be expected. The doc told us once we heard the heartbeat, that our miscarriage risk drops to 2-4%. Freaking sweet.

Since I waited until we had the u/s before starting this blog, here is a archive of belly photos. And yes, those are wifebeater tank tops in every photo. They're comfy, cheap, and I will not have you judging me:

Week 5:

Week 6:
Week 7 (25% baby, 75% Cheesecake Factory):


I'm still feeling really good and as long as my stomach has some sort of food in it, I'm not nauseous at all.


My new favorite thing this week is telling Troy that the baby thinks he is an asshole. Not making dinner fast enough for me? Your baby thinks you're an asshole. Make fun of me for something? Your baby thinks you're an asshole. It's all in jest, but it is freaking funny!

No comments: