Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Update to Butthole McGee, Mr. McFussy Pants

Jack's pediatrician was on vacation, but I took him to her partner. And of course they couldn't find a medical reason for his newfound belief that my boob is trying to murder him. I breastfed him in the room in front of the doc and OF COURSE he ate like a perfect angel.

I also did some research last night and it sounds like he is on what they call a "nursing strike" which is basically an inexplicable freakout at the boob. Le sigh. The good news is that it only lasts between 2-4 days.

And then we came home and he ate calmly from the boob like nothing had ever happened.

And in "that's my boy" news, Jack pooped so loudly in the waiting room at the doctor that a 7 year old boy got the uncontrollable giggles.

Jack is 16 lbs and gaining 3/4 of an oz a day which is off the charts good. She also said he was one of the most alert 14 week olds she has ever seen, and that cognitively he is very advanced. Looks like all the CSI Miami and Golden Girls that I make him watch is working!

I kid about the shows of course. He is only allowed to watch YouTube videos of pandas sneezing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRH3iTQPrk

The shirt says it all:

1 comment:

Connie said...

Okay good. Jackie is behaving himself today. I thought I was gonna have to drive over there and give him a stern talking to!! It figures that if you took him to the doc, he would behave.