Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My lack of progress progress report!

^hopefully the last belly photo I have to post for you people. I'm sure you're sick of them as well.

As of yesterday morning I am 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced. You know what that means? NOTHING. People can walk around at 3 cm dilated for weeks, and others can go from 1-10 cm in 7 hours. This kiddo ain't comin' out until he's ready. And given that it's kind of snowing today, who would want to come out in to this world right now?

As of yesterday I have gained a total of 17 lbs. Troy assured me last night that I have so far avoided what I refer to as "fat bastard face" which was one of my greatest fears.

A few things I've done today to try to lure him out:
1) wash the sheets. What baby wouldn't want water to break on nice clean sheets?
2) booked a non-refundable massage
3) did laundry and hung it on the drying racks in our house. Jack would think it's SO funny for me to have to come home from the hospital and put laundry away.
4) wore nice underwear

I've also heard that babies come when the parent's aren't prepared. So attention Jack: mom and dad totally aren't prepared for you. Your clothes haven't been washed, you don't have a car seat, and the bag in the back of mommy's car is NOT a hospital bag.

2 comments:

Z said...

LOL. I love the list of reasons for him to come. C'mon JACK!! :)

And I love your belly shot. You are so cute.

Eris1995 said...

Tell him that tomorrow is the worst possible day to be born. That's what I did and Mason decided to come on that day - Christmas.