Monday, May 3, 2010

Humbled

There are times in our lives when we hit a wall and realize that the human race isn't meant to do things alone. Our forefathers (and mothers!) had it right - they lived in communal groups and helped each other with food production, barn raising, child rearing, etc. In other words, they asked for help and accepted it in times of need.

I hit that wall recently and instead of the feel of brick on my face, it felt like hugs - big squishy hugs. I'm honored to be a part of a group women that doesn't idly stand by and wait for you to ask for help; they simply offer it with a smile and a few encouraging words. There is no expectation of reciprocity, just kind gestures for the sake of being kind.

Through the end of my days, I'll carry the gratitude with me. Thank you.

1 comment:

Ro said...

Love you, Sarah :)