Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy first birthday Jack! You've come a long way baby!



Sorry I'm a terrible mom and am posting this a day late, but I hope you'll forgive me.

Before you were in this world, you were a wiggly little man in my belly. You haven't changed much since you were born, and you make me laugh with your constant need to explore and move, and to look at everything. Your curiosity and love of life has changed the way I look at everything: cardboard boxes, birds, and mirrors are all things I never truly appreciated for being fascinating.

When your dad and I were talking about having a kid, it was hard to picture how our lives would adjust to having another little being in it. Now, I can't imagine that you haven't been here all along. Some days you are the only thing in my world that makes sense.

The next few years will be about learning and gaining your independence, and I can't wait to see things through your eyes. Thank you for being my son.

Momma.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Awww, I love this. Happy Birthday Jack!

Ro said...

Aww! Happy birthday, sweet boy!

Tammy Spence said...

Oh he is adorable in both pictures. I cannot believe how much his face has stayed the same. He looks just like you Sniffer!