Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lots of changes in our house

Jack has gotten ridiculously big and grown up in the last few weeks. It's hard to believe my little man who used to look like a tiny little baby burrito in his swaddle is now so mature! He now sits very well on his own...assuming you can convince him to bend at the waist as he prefers to stand. And, as of Friday the 18th, he is the proud owner of one lower tooth!

In health news, Jack started to poop blood again about a week ago, so back to the doctor for us...again. Turns out the official diagnosis is milk colitis, so I'm off delicious dairy...again. I can try introducing it back in when Jack is 9 months. Le sigh.
The new job continues to go well, and Jack has been having lots of fun staying with Great Uncle Jim and Great Aunt Connie while Troy and I are at work. It's hard to be away from him, but it makes the time we have with him on the weekends extra special. Yesterday, Troy and Jack hung out for a few hours and snuggled up for a long nap so that I could can some peaches. I've never canned peaches before, but I got a great deal at a local produce stand, and thought I would try my hand at it. I now know why they say that canning is a team sport! I made 22 jars of peaches, and miraculously managed to not burn down the house, burn, or cut myself. Assuming I don't kill us all, Amy and I are going to make and can some applesauce next weekend.

Jack and Uncle Jim taking a nap after a long day of playing:
JB in the owl hat GAC knitted:
Mr. Grown up sitting up all on his own:

Momma & Jackie snuggling in his crib:

Proof that expensive toys are a waste of money...:

3 comments:

flojat said...

I love everything about this post. And am super impressed with your canning abilities! I'm too afraid of exploding Bell jars to try it.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Jack can SIT and has a TOOTH!!!!! What an overachiever, just like his mama. :) Can't wait to see you this weekend. I'm so glad you guys are making the trek!

Colleen

Team Schwartz said...

I still don't understand how you get into the crib!