Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

Today is Ash Wednesday, which means you make your plans for Lent and what you're planning on giving up for the next 40 days.

I thought long and hard about what I wanted to give up this year. My first thought was soda, but then I realized I only drink about 1 a week, and mainly steal sips of Troy's when he goes to the bathroom if we're at a restaurant.

Swearing? Hmmm...I'm planning on a natural birth and my baby has a really huge head. Perhaps swearing isn't the thing to give up right now.

I then read something online this morning about a woman who instead of giving stuff up, decided that she was instead going to give out three compliments a day. I like the positive spin to it, so I'm going to plan on doing that myself!

1 comment:

flojat said...

LOL at the natural birth and baby's big head! I'll bet I can hear your cursing from Florida!

Just kidding...I know you'll be a rock star! That's one birth story I seriously can't wait to read.