Friday, December 17, 2010

A child's milestones

The day your child is born, you realize for perhaps the first time that you are someone's "mom".  It's your job to nurture them and protect them.  You watch and wait for every sign of advancement - "oh look, he's looking at me", or "he just rolled over"!

As they age, there are less obvious signs of milestones.  I feel that this morning, Jack definitely wanted me to know that he is no longer a baby, but a toddler - a little man.  Moments ago as I was getting ready to eat lunch at work, I realized he made his point clearly by "packing my lunch" by adding a zebra when I wasn't looking.  Perhaps he wasn't comfortable with the amount of protein I had packed for myself?



2 comments:

Connie said...

Aww...how sweet is that???! I must be honest though...when I first saw this photo...I thought it was his zebra on top of diapers in the diaper pail! LOL

Anne Bailey said...

Ah, yes. The old, "my toddler packed my lunch for me milestone"... totally in the baby books if you look closely enough!